January 30, 2010

Linda "Grammy" Godfrey 7/23/1933 - 2/29/2010

Friday morning at 4:40am my grandmother, "Grammy," passed away. She battled the past ten years of alzheimer's, parkinson's, and dementia disease. I arrived in Charlotte Friday morning to be with my family. My aunt and cousin were here with us and my brother and his girlfriend came down from Raleigh. We have spent a long weekend together sharing stories, laughing, crying and trying to realize that Grammy is in a much better place now.

We all will be driving up to Smithfield, North Carolina (30 mins outside of Raleigh) for a service in her honor on Tuesday.

I do have to say that a death brings family together but I honestly have had a great weekend with my family. We have experienced IKEA, driving in snow and ice, drank plenty of wine, watched all movies possible on TV, cooked plenty of food and even went sledding in the neighborhood in plastic storage tubs!

Grammy would have wanted us all together and be happy. That is definitely what we did. Rest in peace Grammy and we all know we have a special angel looking down on us forever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment